Play by William Shakespeare


Most Important Characters:

The most important characters in the play are:Julius Caesar, Mark Antony and Brutus

INTRODUCTION:

Julius Caesar is a highly successful but ambitious political leader of Rome and his goal is to become an unassailable dictator. Caesar is warned that he must "beware the Ides of March" . The prophecy comes true and Caesar is assassinated. Marcus Brutus is a well respected Roman senator who helps plan and carry out Caesar's assassination which he believes will rid Rome of a tyrant. Caesar's friend Mark Antony provides the famous funeral oration ("Friends, Romans, and countrymen…") Brutus and Cassius meet their inevitable defeat. Brutus, the noble Roman, whose decision to take part in the conspiracy for the sake of freedom, plunges his country into civil war.

Famous Quotes / Quotations:

"Friends, Romans, countrymen lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him". - (Act III, Scene II)."But, for my own part, it was Greek to me". - (Act I, Scene II)."Cry "Havoc," and let slip the dogs of war". - (Act III, Scene I)."Et tu, Brute!" - (Act III, Scene I)."Not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more". - (Act III, Scene II)."Beware the Ides of March". - (Act I, Scene II)."This was the noblest Roman of them all". - (Act V, Scene V).

No comments: